The Underwriting Manager will lead and manage the Underwriting department, providing underwriting technical support to the team members and makes decisions on the acceptance of complex risks. The Underwriting Manager is responsible for supporting the achievement of premium goals that align with company goals. The Underwriting Manager complies with all underwriting policy and procedural requirements and corporate governance standards. The Underwriting Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining productive producer relationships as well as providing excellent customer service to clients, brokers and agents.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Support the development and lead the execution of Underwriting strategies and operations.
- Develop, implement, communicate and execute underwriting plans.
- Ensure underwriting excellence which will support the drive towards profitability.
- Assist in the development of targets (GWP, and profitability) for the short and long term. Achieve budget results.
- Review policies for accuracy and coverage. a) Collaborate with department managers to assist in making informed decisions on policy changes. b) Make policy changes as required, providing adequate and necessary coverage for new exposures.
- Analyze underwriting results and performance of classes of business to set policy terms, rates and to expand the portfolio.
- Operates within Delegation of Authority limits and enforces Delegation of Authority limits;
- Collaborate with the claims team in reviewing the impact of loss ratios;
- Plan and administer technical/underwriting audits.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external audits.
- Ensure that rating tables are reviewed as least once every six months in order to reflect current market conditions, loss experience and reinsurance costs.
- Administer local reinsurance and coinsurance policies.
- Ensure that KYC processes are complied with.
- Visit corporate partners (direct clients and brokers) to maintain, encourage and develop business.
- Support the growth and distribution channels strategies.
- Maintain working knowledge of all company operations from insurance underwriting and claims guidelines to human resources management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Underwriting Manager should possess a professional insurance qualification (such as the ACII) or equivalent and/or have a minimum of seven (7) years of Underwriting management experience.
- The Underwriting Manager should be Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
– A Bachelor’s degree in management or a related field.
– A certificate or degree in Reinsurance or in Risk Management or its equivalent
- Be competent at critical thinking and analysis and be detail-oriented.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the Insurance Market.
- Be competent at interacting with brokers and clients.
- Support building of teamwork
- Strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrate strong technical skills
- Ability to coach and mentor
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Trustworthy & Ethical
- Strategic thinker
- Commercial Awareness
- Ability to provide career motivation
Rewards & Benefits:
Massy United Insurance Ltd. offers its employees excellent scope for growth and career development. An attractive remuneration package is being offered to commensurate with the candidates’ experience and qualifications.
To start your new life, submit your detailed curriculum vitae, to the Human Resources Department, by 23rd July, 2021.