We would be delighted to have you join our expanding team of professionals, as we offer you the opportunity to work with a growing Company, which operates in 19 territories across the region. You will be joining a financially strong, AM Best A- (Excellent) rated Company.
This position reports to the Application Manager
• Deploy and support applications rollout to users in Barbados and all territories
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of applications.
• Conduct application training including user training manual preparation and technical setup.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
• Develop reports as required
• Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
• Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Participate in weekly meetings to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Head of Information & Communication Technology and/or the Application Manager.
• Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
• Conduct User Acceptance Testing on applications
• Document tests conducted and application results
• First line of support including problem logging, tracking and monitoring of application issues until completion (production system)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 7 years of technology experience with at least 5 years hands-on technical roles in the field
• Technical experience with databases, web development and user support.
• Experience in Database design and Microsoft SQL.
• Background in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook and HTML.
• Good working Knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project and Delphi
• Strong Project Management skills, with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
• Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with the ability to work independently in a changing environment.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
• Ability to be flexible, work both independently and in a team and in a high-pressured on-call environment
• Willingness to work occasionally outside normal business hours.
• A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
Massy United Insurance Ltd. offers its employees excellent scope for growth and career development. An attractive remuneration package is being offered to commensurate with the candidates’ experience and qualifications.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged